Beurer EM49 Digital TENS and EMS Device
Ideal for post injury recovery and after exercising, the Beurer EM49 Digital Tens and EMS Device combines the benefits of TENS and EMS therapies in one device. Perfect for use at home, this TENS and EMS device can be used to alleviate pain caused by a wide range of conditions, as well as help to regenerate the muscles, so you can get back to the sports that you love in no time.
- 1 x TENS and EMS Device
- 2 x Connection Cable
- 4 x Adhesive Electrodes (45 x 45mm)
- 3 x AAA Batteries
Who Can Make Gains with the EM49 TENS and EMS Machine?
Ideal for anyone experiencing injury-related symptoms or for general post work out recovery, this TENS and EMS device from Beurer provides targeted pain relief for a number of conditions as well as regenerative support for the muscles. With 64 pre-programmed applications, this device massages the affected area, so you can enjoy the benefits of both TENS and EMS therapies from the comfort of your own home.
Key Features and Benefits
- Transcutaneous electrical nerve stimulation (TENS) for pain relief
- Electronic muscle stimulation (EMS) for muscle training and regeneration
- Massages and improves your general well-being
- Two separately adjustable channels with four self-adhesive electrodes
- Comes with 64 pre-programmed applications and six individualised programmes
- Has 'Doctor's Function' for coordination with your personal therapy programme
- Features a blue illuminated inverse LCD screen
- Timer function is adjustable between 5 and 100 minutes
- Ergonomically designed with a belt clip
- Comes with a safety switch-off for added security
- Dimensions (LxWxH): 132 x 63 x 23mm
- Supplied with a three-year manufacturer's warranty
What Is TENS Therapy?
Transcutaneous electrical nerve simulation or TENS is a form of pain relief that involves using a mild electrical current. Low-voltage electrical pulses are used to block pain signals from the brain which simulate the production of the body's natural pain killers.
What Is EMS?
Electrostimulation or EMS devices imitate impulses in the body that are transferred to nerve and muscle fibres with electrodes via the skin. The electrical impulses are safe and virtually painless; you may merely notice a slight tingling or vibrating sensation.
The electrical impulses that are sent into the tissue influence the transmission of stimulation into nerves, nerve centres and muscle groups in the application area. Electrical muscle stimulation (EMS) is a widespread method that has been used in sports and rehabilitation medicine for years.
How Does This TENS and EMS Device Work?
This TENS and EMS Device from Beurer combines the benefits of TENS and EMS therapies to bring you targeted massage for the purpose of alleviating pain and regenerating the muscles. With 64 pre-programmed applications and 6 customisable applications, you can adjust the intensity of this massager to your preference and enjoy the benefits of TENS and EMS from the comfort of your own home.
What Conditions Will This Device Help With?
This TENS and EMS Device can be used to aid in the treatment of the following:
- Back Pain
- Period Pain
- Muscle Spasm
- Muscle Soreness
How Do I Use the TENS and EMS Device?
For detailed guidance on how to use this massaging device to enjoy the benefits of TENS and EMS therapies, please refer to the manual below:
How Do I Clean the TENS and EMS Device?
To clean the TENS and EMS Device and additional parts, please follow the procedures as outlined below:
Cleaning the TENS and EMS Device:
- Remove the batteries from the device
- Clean the device using a soft, damp cloth and a mild soap
Cleaning the Adhesive Electrodes:
- Remove the connection cables from the electrodes
- Clean the electrodes using a damp, lint-free cloth or clean the underside of the electrodes with lukewarm, running water
- Pat dry with a lint-free cloth
Care and Maintenance
- Avoid using strong or chemical cleaning agents when cleaning the device
- Ensure that no water enters the device at any time
- When storing the device, disconnect the connection cable(s) from the electrodes and remove the batteries from the device. Return the device to its original packaging and leave in a cool, ventilated place
- Avoid bending the connection cable(s) and electrodes
- EMS Number of Programmes: 35
- TENS Number of Programmes: 15
- Massage Number of Programmes: 20
- Electrodes: Four self-adhesive electrodes (45 x 45mm)
- Output Current: 200 mA p-p for 500 Ohm load
- Output Frequency: 1 - 150Hz
- Pulse Width: 50 - 450µs per phase
- Pulse shape: Biphasic square pulses
Learn More About the TENS and EMS Device
To find out more about the TENS and EMS Device and how to use it, please watch this short video below: