BioSkin Hinged Knee Support
To have a knee out of action either because of injury or surgery can be one of the worst blows to your freedom of motion. Knee pain, like any joint pain, is easily aggravated, but staying perfectly stationary isn't an option when you've got a life to be living. The BioSkin Hinged Knee Brace is the next best thing, giving healthy support to your knee and patella, it helps keep you in the best position for recovery without stopping you from being mobile and able to carry on with more important things.
Who Can Make Gains with the BioSkin Hinged Knee Brace?
This ultra lightweight Hinged Knee Brace provides extra support to knees with ligament damage. It offers excellent compression that helps to control swelling and pain, and to speed up healing in the damaged joint. It is especially suitable for use with the following conditions:
- Early osteoarthritis
- LCL sprains
- MCL sprains
- Meniscal cartilage tears/repairs
- Mild sprains and instabilities
- Patella tendonitis
Made from BioSkin Ultima Material
The BioSkin Hinged Knee Brace is one of the lightest hinged knee braces available on the market, and features b-centric, aluminium hinges that are both lightweight and provide additional support to knees with ligament damage. The ultra breathable BioSkin Ultima material is light, comfortable and provides excellent compression to speed up the healing process.
Key Features of the BioSkin Hinged Knee Brace
- Finger loops enable easy pull-on application
- Offset hinge reduces pressure at the knee joint
- Strapping system minimises migration
- Made from BioSkin Ultima 2sL material
- Universal design that fits either the left or right knee
- Open patella 4-strap system for greater compression
- Donut buttress for extra patella support
- Bi-centric hinged aluminium side supports for medial/lateral support
- Extremely lightweight, low profile for added comfort
- Neoprene-free and latex-free for reduced skin irritation
- Available in six sizes, from Extra Small to XX-Large
For users to prefer a closure support to a pull-on, it is recommended to use the Hinged Brace with Front Closure.
Sizing the BioSkin Hinged Knee Brace
BioSkin is designed to give a compressed fit that allows for full support, so for some wearers this may feel strange or uncomfortable at first. If you find yourself between sizes, it is recommended that you select the larger size unless you desire a tighter fit.
| ||Knee Circumference Fully Extended (cm) |
|Size ||Mid-Patella ||18cm Above Patella |
|Extra Small ||31 - 33cm ||41 - 46cm |
|Small ||33 - 36cm ||46 - 51cm |
|Medium ||36 - 41cm ||51 - 56cm |
|Large ||41 - 43cm ||56 - 64cm |
|Extra Large ||43 - 46cm ||64 - 71cm |
|XX-Large ||46 - 54cm ||71 - 81cm |
If you want to find out more about how to fit the BioSkin Hinged Knee Brace, watch the video below.