Donjoy Quick Fit Hinged Knee Brace for Knee Recovery
The Donjoy Quick Fit Hinged Knee Brace for Knee Recovery is an adjustable knee brace that offers protection, compression and support for knee sprains, ligament injuries, instabilities, cartilage injuries, patella misalignment and arthritic pain. It can be used on your return to sporting activities, while finger loops and the adjustable patella ring ensure a secure and comfortable recovery.
Which Size Donjoy Quick Fit Knee Brace Is Right for Me?
To find the perfect size Quick Fit Knee Brace for you, please follow our three quick and easy sizing steps. As shown in the image below, simply measure the circumference of your thigh, knee and calf before consulting the sizing chart beneath.
|Size ||Thigh Circ. (1) ||Knee Circ. (2) ||Calf Circ. (3) |
|XX-Small ||26.5 - 33cm ||<30cm ||20 - 25cm |
|Extra Small ||33 - 39cm ||30 - 33cm ||25 - 30cm |
|Small ||39 - 47cm ||33 - 35cm ||30 - 35cm |
|Medium ||47 - 53cm ||35 - 38cm ||35 - 40cm |
|Large ||53 - 60cm ||38 - 43cm ||40 - 45cm |
|Extra Large ||60 - 67cm ||43 - 48cm ||45 - 50cm |
|XX-Large ||67 - 75cm ||48 - 53cm ||50 - 55cm |
|XXX-Large ||53 - 58cm ||53 - 58cm ||55 - 60cm |
Top Sizing Tips
- If your measurements match more than one size, we recommend choosing the largest size that your measurements fit
- If your measurements fall on a sizing boundary, we recommend selecting the larger product for greater comfort
How Do I Fit My Donjoy Quick Fit Knee Brace?
Once you've chosen the correct sized brace and it's arrived, you can wear the brace straight out of the box. Simply:
- Lay the brace flat and open on a stable surface
- Place your extended leg inside the brace
- Fit the brace around the knee, ensuring that the patella ring is located at top of the knee cap, facing away from your body
- Tighten each strap until compressive and comfortable
In order to tailor the level of support and compression provided, please see our section on brace adjustment below.
How Tight Is the Donjoy Hinged Knee Brace?
The Donjoy Quick Fit Knee Brace is available in seven different sizes and is designed to feel tight in order to provide the correct level of compression. If you have correctly followed our sizing guide above, your knee brace should feel comfortable and compressive without causing pain or irritation.
How Does the Quick Fit Hinged Brace Work?
The Donjoy Quick Fit Hinged Brace provides a combination of compression, medial and lateral support, patella support and popliteal comfort to aid in the speed of recovery. The patella ring offers gentle compression that can improve blood flow and reduce discomfort, while support to the patella, medial and lateral ensure stability while you are playing sport.
Finally, the anti-pinch Lycra offers free movement in your knee, ensuring comfort while you play sport.
The Donjoy Quick Fit Knee Brace comes complete with an incredible four hook and loop fastening straps. Guaranteed to keep the brace in place no matter what your application, these fastenings allow you to customise and tailor the compression and tightness level of your brace depending on your rehabilitation requirements.
Key Features and Benefits of the Donjoy Hinged Knee Brace
- Compression: Patella ring offers compression to aid in recovery
- Support: Patella support maintains your patella in the correct position
- Protection: Encased hinges can protect from lateral impacts during sport
- Fit: Finger loops allow for easy fit
- Adjustability: Change the patella support to superior support, inferior support, outside support or medial support
- Sports: Suitable for use on the return to sports
- Comfort: Anti-pinch Lycra panel offers unhindered movement
- Breathable: Breathable neoprene promotes airflow during hot weather
What Can I Use the Donjoy Quick Fit Knee Brace For?
The Donjoy Quick Fit Brace can be used to aid in the recovery of a variety of knee conditions. As the support is designed to compress and stabilise the patella, it can provide a faster and more comfortable recovery. Suitable knee problems include:
- Cartilage Injuries
- Knee Sprains
- Ligament Instabilities
- Meniscus Injuries
- Mild Arthritic Pain
- Mild Ligament Injuries
- Moderate Ligament Injuries
- Patella Subluxation
- Patella Laxity
- Patella Misalignment
Can I Use the Donjoy Quick Fit Knee Brace During Sports?
The Donjoy Quick Fit Brace is designed for use on the return to sports. It offers stability to the patella, ensuring that you can use it during sports without movement that could lead to further damage. As the support can protect against impact, you can use it for a wide range of sports including football, tennis, rugby, athletics, basketball, running and more.
How Do I Adjust the Donjoy Hinged Knee Brace?
You can adjust the Donjoy Hinged Knee Brace in two different ways. You can adjust the level of patella support at different areas of the knee and adjust the patella donut to a different compression level as required.
Adjusting the Patella Support
To change the positioning of the support, simply shift the donut shaped hole into the correct position. You can view the correct position for each support style below:
- Superior Support: Top of the knee
- Inferior Support: Bottom of the knee)
- Lateral Support: Outside of the knee
- Medial Support: Inside of the knee
If you are unsure of the support you need, please ask your GP or a medical professional.
Adjusting the Compression Level
To adjust the level of compression, you will need to trim the donut ring that is supplied with your purchase. To do this, please follow the below instructions:
- Remove the side stays and hinges and turn the brace inside out.
- Locate the best pre-cut openings in patella donut cover, corresponding to final required patella donut shape.
- With a pair of scissors, pull out the inner band of the cover opening and cut. Repeat on the other side.
- Pull out the inner band that is no longer required.
- Return braces and hinges to their original position.
- Materials: Velcro, Lycra, Neoprene