Donjoy Quick Fit Hinged Knee Brace for Knee Recovery
The Donjoy Quick Fit Hinged Knee Brace for Knee Recovery is an adjustable knee brace that offers protection, compression and support for knee sprains, ligament injuries, instabilities, cartilage injuries, patella misalignment and arthritic pain. It can be used on your return to sporting activities, while finger loops and the adjustable patella ring ensure a secure and comfortable recovery.
With your purchase you will receive:
The Donjoy Quick Fit Brace is ambidextrous, meaning that it can fit both your left and right knee.
Who Can Make Gains with the Donjoy Quick Fit Knee Brace?
The Donjoy Quick Fit Hinged Knee Brace is designed for those who are in the process of recovering from a knee injury. It is designed to compress and support the knee, ideal for returning to activity and light sports. The brace can be used in the recovery from knee sprains, ligament injuries, instabilities, cartilage injuries, arthritis and patella misalignment.
Which Size Is Right for Me?
The Quick Fit Hinged Brace is available in eight sizes that should suit most users. To find your perfect size, we would recommend measuring the circumference of your leg at three points (the knee cap, the thigh and the calf). Please follow the steps outlined below for the best possible fit:
- Measure the circumference of your knee around the centre of the knee cap
- Starting from the centre of the knee cap, measure 15cm (6") up
- Measure the circumference of your thigh from 15cm above the knee
- Starting from the centre of the knee cap, measure 15cm (6") down
- Measure the circumference of your calf from 15cm below the knee
- Match these measurements to the table below
|Size ||Knee Circ. ||Thigh Circ. ||Calf Circ. |
|XX-Small ||<30cm ||26.5 - 33cm ||20 - 25cm |
|Extra Small ||30 - 33cm ||33 - 39cm ||25 - 30cm |
|Small ||33 - 35cm ||39 - 47cm ||30 - 35cm |
|Medium ||35 - 38cm ||47 - 53cm ||35 - 40cm |
|Large ||38 - 43cm ||53 - 60cm ||40 - 45cm |
|Extra Large ||43 - 48cm ||60 - 67cm ||45 - 50cm |
|XX-Large ||48 - 53cm ||67 - 75cm ||50 - 55cm |
|XXX-Large ||53 - 58cm ||75 - 81cm ||55 - 60cm |
Top Sizing Tips
- If your measurements match more than one size, we would recommend choosing the largest size that your measurements fit
- If your measurements fall on a sizing boundary, we would recommend selecting the larger product for greater comfort
Why Buy the Donjoy Hinged Knee Brace?
- Compression: Patella ring offers compression to aid in recovery
- Support: Patella support maintains your patella in the correct position
- Protection: Encased hinges can protect from lateral impacts during sport
- Fit: Finger loops allow for easy fit
- Change the patella support from superior support, inferior support, outside support and medial support
- Adjust the patella ring to ensure a secure fit
- Sports: Suitable for use on the return to sports
- Comfort: Anti-pinch Lycra panel offers unhindered movement
- Breathable: Breathable neoprene promotes airflow during hot weather
What Can I Use the Donjoy Quick Fit Knee Brace For?
The Donjoy Quick Fit Brace can be used to aid in the recovery of a variety of knee conditions. As the support is designed to compress and stabilise the patella, it can provide a faster and more comfortable recovery. Suitable knee problems include:
- Knee sprains
- Mild ligament injuries
- Moderate ligament injuries
- Ligament instabilities
- Meniscus injuries
- Cartilage injuries
- Patella subluxation
- Patella laxity
- Patella misalignment
- Mild arthritic pain
Can I Use the Donjoy Quick Fit Knee Brace During Sports?
The Donjoy Quick Fit Brace is designed for use on the return to sports. It offers stability to the patella, ensuring that you can use it during sports without movement that could lead to further damage. As the support can protect against impact, you can use it for a wide range of sports including football, tennis, rugby, athletics, basketball, running and more.
How Do I Adjust the Donjoy Hinged Knee Brace?
You can adjust the Donjoy Hinged Knee Brace in two different ways. These are to adjust your patella support to support different areas of the knee, and to adjust the patella donut to differ the level of compression that your knee needs. You can find instructions on how to adjust the support below:
Adjusting the Patella Support
Change the positioning of the support around the knee to offer support to the area required. To do this, simply shift the donut provided with the brace into the correct position. You can view the positions below:
- Superior support (top of knee)
- Inferior support (bottom of knee)
- Lateral support (outside of knee)
- Medial support (inside of knee)
If you are unsure of the support you need, please ask your GP or a medical professional.
Adjusting the Compression Level
To adjust the level of compression you will need to trim the donut ring that is supplied with your purchase. To do this, please follow the below instructions:
- Remove the side stays and hinges and turn the brace inside out.
- Locate the best pre-cut openings in patella donut cover, corresponding to final required patella donut shape.
- With a pair of scissors, pull out the inner band of the cover opening and cut. Repeat on the other side.
- Pull out the inner band that is no longer required.
- Return braces and hinges to their original position.
How Does the Quick Fit Hinged Brace Work?
The Donjoy Quick Fit Hinged Brace offers a combination of compression, medial and lateral support, patella support and popliteal comfort to aid in the speed of recovery. The patella ring offers gentle compression that can improve blood flow and reduce discomfort, while support to the patella, medial and lateral ensure stability while you are playing sport. Finally, the anti-pinch Lycra offers free movement in your knee, ensuring comfort while you play sport.
How Do I Wear the Donjoy Quick Fit Knee Brace?
Once you've chosen the correct sized brace and it's arrived, you can wear the brace straight out of the box. The brace can simply be placed around the knee, ensuring that the patella ring is where your patella is facing outwards. Then you can change the fit of your brace by adjusting any of the four Velcro straps that run along the brace.
- Materials: Velcro, Lycra, Neoprene