Donjoy UltraSling IV Shoulder Immobiliser
Following an operation to your arm, it's important that you immobilise it to prevent further injury and discomfort. The Donjoy UltraSling IV Shoulder Immobiliser is designed to support your shoulder in a wide range of circumstances. Designed with a three-point strapping system, the support helps eliminate pressure on the neck so you remain at ease throughout use.
The Donjoy Shoulder Immobiliser Sling features a soft, breathable inner lining with a mesh layer. This helps wick away moisture and improves ventilation in the area so you remain comfortable even during prolonged periods of use.
Who Can Make Gains with the UltraSling IV Immobiliser?
Injuries to the arm, shoulder or elbow tend to take a long time to heal, so it's important that you stabilise and support the area to reduce this lengthy period of time. The UltraSling IV Shoulder Immobiliser is constructed to stabilise and support your arm, while the included exercise ball allows you to strengthen the forearm to prevent weakness or muscle atrophying.
The Donjoy UltraSling IV Shoulder Sling leads the way in comfort and convenience, making it the perfect choice for most arm injuries. Featuring a three-point strapping system that's easy to use and put on, the support eliminates pressure on the neck to improve patient compliance and comfort. This helps ensure that you recover quickly from your injury, preventing severe deficits in your performing ability and stamina.
Key Features and Benefits
- Leads the way in comfort and convenience
- Designed with a three-point strapping system for ease of application
- Unique design eliminates pressure on the neck for added comfort
- Features a soft, breathable inner lining with mesh laminate for ventilation
- Crafted with a new, contoured cushion for added abduction
- Helps relieve pressure on the ulnar nerve for improved comfort
- Made with soft padded, customisable straps so you remain at ease
- Keeps moisture away so you can use the support over long periods
- Includes an exercise stress ball to stimulate circulation
- Cushion and waist strap are removable depending on the stage in your recovery
- Allows you to immobilise your arm in 15° of abduction or internal rotation
Indications for the Donjoy Shoulder Immobiliser Support
The Donjoy Shoulder Immobiliser Sling is suitable for a number of conditions, particularly following surgery to the area. Indications include the following:
- Bankart procedures
- Capsular shifts
- Glenohumeral dislocation or subluxation
- Rotator cuff repairs
- Soft tissue repairs or strains
Sizing of the UltraSling IV Immobiliser Sling
Available in four different sizes, the UltraSling IV Immobiliser provides you with a tailored fit. To find out which size you require, please measure your arm from the crease of your elbow to the base of your index finger and consult the table below. This support fits both the left and right arm for improved versatility.
|Size ||Forearm Length (cm) |
|Small ||Less than 28cm |
|Medium ||28 - 33cm |
|Large ||33 - 38cm |
|Extra Large ||38cm and Over |
How Do You Fit This Brace?
Find out how to properly fit the UltraSling IV by watching the video below. The support is highly comfort and adaptable according to your needs.
Unlike other slings that dig into your neck during use, the Donjoy UltraSling IV Sling is designed with a three-point strapping system to eliminate pressure on the neck. This helps improve your comfort while also increasing your compliance during use. The straps of the sling are also padded and customisable so you remain at ease throughout use.
Ideal for Different Stages of Your Recovery
The Donjoy Shoulder Immobiliser Sling includes an exercise stress ball to stimulate circulation and improve the strength of your arm during the rehabilitation process. The cushion and waist strap of the sling can also be removed, making the support ideal even when you've almost recovered from the operation.