Escape Fitness Plyosoft 450mm Plyometric Jump Box (Blue)
Leap into plyometrics with the Escape Fitness Plyosoft 450mm Plyometric Jump Box (Blue). Suitable for people who are already accustomed to plyometric exercise, this 450mm jump box provides a greater challenge for those looking to test their strength. Featuring an innovative honeycomb design, the box combines soft and firm foam for safety and stability.
Who Can Make Gains with the Plyosoft Jump Box?
Plyometrics are intense, explosive workouts that test the strength of even the most seasoned athletes. If you compete in a sport that requires lots of running or jumping, this plyometric box will help train your legs and boost their power to give you the edge in competitions. For those with some experience in plyometrics already, this 450mm high box will test your strength and push your body to is limits.
Key Features and Benefits
- Blue 450mm (18") box suitable for box jump exercises
- Improves muscle strength, increases cardiovascular endurance and prevents injury
- An essential addition to your gym studio repertoire
- Innovative honeycomb design that improves both safety and stability
- Soft/firm hybrid foam to reduce the risk of injury while remaining stable
- Target markings to encourage precise jumping for better form
- Velcro straps to connect with additional plyosoft boxes
- Anti-slip surfaces to prevent slips and falls
- Lightweight material for easy transport and storage
- Durable outer material for increased longevity
Who Can Use the Escape Fitness Plyometric Jump Box?
Jump box exercises can be quite intense for those who do not exercise regularly. Therefore, it is recommended that you should already have a good level of fitness before you use this product. This taller box requires an exceptional level of strength to be able to jump safely, and should only be used by those who are confident in their physical ability.
Caution: It is not advisable to use this product when first starting out, as this could potentially cause muscle injury or ligament damage.
How Do I Use the Plyometric Jump Box?
There are a number of ways in which you can use the Plyometric Jump Box to help boost your speed, strength and endurance. The main three box jumps you can perform include:
- Lateral Box Jumps: Jumping from side-to-side across the box.
- Frontal Box Jumps: Jumping forwards onto the box (see below image).
- Transverse Box Jumps: Jumping forwards onto the box from a sideways starting position.
Once you're confident performing these exercises, you can increase the intensity by adding weight, isolating one leg or transposing into other exercises (i.e. burpees).
Why Try Plyometrics?
Plyometrics are so good because they are fun, intense and great for building explosive power. Using natural movements such as jumping, stepping or hopping, you will make quick lower-body muscle gains while also increasing your stamina and endurance. These exercises should be a staple in any training regimen that's tailored towards high-level athletes in sports such as:
- Track running
- Track jumping
Innovative Honeycomb Design
Though the Escape Fitness Jump Box may look simple at first, it actually has a thoughtful design with safety and practicality in mind. The honeycomb design of the box is used to create a hybrid of both hard and soft foam.
- Hard foam ensures stability when using the jump box and provide a safe landing place for your feet.
- Soft foam cushions impacts on the knee or shin should the exercise manoeuvre go wrong.
The hybrid foam honeycomb is there to help the user build confidence when performing jump box exercises, as there is less risk of pain and injury.
Suitable for Adept Athletes
For experienced athletes looking to push themselves even harder and achieve physical excellence, the 450mm Plyometric Jump Box provides a real challenge. The 18-inch jump will help push your body to the limits, boosting your strength and agility to help you get in the best shape possible.
Up the Levels
Once you've mastered the 450mm Jump Box, why not crank the intensity up even further? To do this, you can purchase additional jump boxes either in this size or the other sizes available (150mm, 300mm or 600mm). All Escape Fitness Jump Boxes feature Velcro straps to attach together easily, allowing you to further customise your workout.
Target Markings for Improving Form
To encourage proper form, the Escape Fitness Plyometric Jump Box has integrated markings at the top to show where to aim your feet. This helps you achieve perfect form while executing jump box exercises to ensure a fuller range of motion. In addition, correct form will reduce the likelihood of sustaining harmful injuries during exercise.
- Height: 450mm (18")
- Width: 750mm (30")
- Length: 900mm (35")
- Weight: 14kg (31lb)