Universal Cold Pad for the Donjoy IceMan Clear 3 Cold Therapy Unit
Using the Donjoy IceMan Clear 3 Cold Therapy Unit directly on your skin is extremely dangerous and can cause serious injuries. As such, it's integral that you use the Universal Cold Pad when you've injured your body and want to perform cryotherapy with the IceMan. This helps you remain safe and prevents further injury.
Who Can Make Gains with the Cold Pad and Separate Unit?
Sporting injuries can be caused by a wide range of circumstances, from overexertion to impact caused by playing contact sports. When an injury is severe, corrective surgery is sometimes the only way to help you get back to your original level of performance.
However, this can cause pain and swelling in the area. The Universal Cold Pad and Cold Therapy Unit both help to reduce discomfort and oedema, allowing you to get back on your feet in comfort.
Key Features and Benefits
- Cold pad is sterile for improved user safety
- Allows you to use the IceMan Clear 3 Unit on different areas of the body
- Evenly distributes cold therapy throughout the pad
- Universal design for use on most of your body
- Helps alleviate post-operative pain and swelling
- Semi-close loop circulation system delivers consistent cold therapy
- Unit has a clear design for easy refill indication
How Do You Use the IceMan Therapy Unit?
- Add ice to the device's fill line.
- Add cold water to the fill line.
- Place lid on the device, making sure the lip inserts into the groove. Press the front of the lid down to close and secure.
- Connect the IceMan Clear 3 hose to the Universal Cold Pad hose. To ensure a reliable connection, "snap" or "click" hoses together so the fit is tight and snug.
- To turn the device on, insert cord into connection on the back of the device and plug power supply into the wall outlet. Always use with a barrier between the cold pad and your skin.
Warnings and Precautions
- Do not use the cryotherapy unit without a prescription from a physician
- Your prescription must state how long and how often the device should be used, as well as the length of breaks between uses
- Do not use this device if a prescription has not been provided to you or if you do not understand the prescription
- Use of this device without a prescription or failure to follow the prescription may result in serious injury, including tissue necrosis
- The barrier between your skin and the cold pad may develop moisture during use, which may create colder temperatures on the skin
- Temperatures that are too cold may result in serious injury, including tissue necrosis
- Always check for moisture on the barrier between your skin and the cold pad
- If moisture is present on the barrier, immediately discontinue use of this device