Wrap-On Ankle Pad for the Donjoy IceMan Clear 3 Cold Therapy Unit
After surgery, it's common to experience pain and swelling in the affected area. Cold therapy units like the Donjoy IceMan Clear 3 Cold Therapy Unit can be extremely effective at reducing pain and swelling while also speeding up the rehabilitative process. The Wrap-On Ankle Pad has been designed to protect your skin from the cold temperatures of the unit so you can feel the benefits of cryotherapy.
Who Can Make Gains with the Ankle Pad?
Your ankles are perhaps one of the areas of your body that are most susceptible to injuries, particularly if you run or play sports with a ball. The Wrap-On Ankle Brace is constructed to help you rest and recover from your injury or operation. Constructed to evenly distribute cold liquid throughout the pad, the support helps you make a full recovery so you're able to get back on your feet quickly.
The Clear 3 Unit can be used for the following conditions:
- Post-surgical pain
- Post-surgical swelling
- Sports-related injury
Key Features and Benefits
- Allows you to use the IceMan Clear 3 Unit on your ankle
- Evenly distributes cold therapy throughout the pad
- Helps alleviate post-operative pain and swelling
- Semi-close loop circulation system delivers consistent cold therapy
- Unit has a clear design for easy refill indication
- Non-sterile ankle pad to reduce expense of item
How Do You Use the IceMan Therapy Unit?
- Add ice to the device's fill line.
- Add cold water to the fill line.
- Place lid on the device, making sure the lip inserts into the groove. Press the front of the lid down to close and secure.
- Connect the IceMan Clear 3 hose to the Wrap-On Ankle Pad hose. To ensure a reliable connection, "snap" or "click" hoses together into place so the fit is tight and snug.
- To turn the device on, insert cord into connection on the back of the device and plug power supply into the wall outlet. Always use with a barrier between the cold pad and your skin.
Warnings and Precautions
- Do not use the Cool Therapy Unit without a prescription from a physician
- Your prescription must state how long and how often the device should be used, as well as the length of breaks between uses
- Do not use this device if a prescription has not been provided to you or if you do not understand the prescription
- Use of this device without a prescription or failure to follow the prescription may result in serious injury, including tissue necrosis
- The barrier between your skin and the cold pad may develop moisture during use, which may create colder temperatures on the skin
- Temperatures that are too cold may result in serious injury, including tissue necrosis
- Always check for moisture on the barrier between your skin and the cold pad
- If moisture is present on the barrier, immediately discontinue use of this device