Yoga-Mad Cork Quarter Yoga Block
Made from sustainable sources, the Yoga-Mad Cork Quarter Yoga Block can be used to prevent hyperextension in Iyengar yoga and enhance your practice of various asanas. It is extremely lightweight yet sturdy and won't damage floors or distort under body weight.
- 1 x Cork Quarter Yoga Brick
Who Can Make Gains With the Yoga-Mad Quarter Cork Yoga Block?
The Quarter Cork Yoga Block is the ideal prop for anyone wishing to enhance their asanas but they are particularly helpful for those who struggle to maintain their poses when standing up. If your calf muscles or Achilles tendon are strained during tricky poses such as during Iyengar yoga, then the quarter yoga block can help to stabilise your weight and practise more safely.
Key Features and Benefits
- Provides support and stability during standing poses
- Helps prevent hypertension in classes such as Iyengar yoga
- Ensures safe practice of yoga poses for both beginners and advanced yogis
- Non-slip natural cork makes it easy to grip for maximum control
- Cork won't damage floors or distort under body weight
- Eco-friendly, made from sustainable sources which can be recycled and fully biodegradable
- Lightweight yet sturdy for easy transportation
What Is a Yoga Block?
Yoga blocks are extremely popular tools that help yoga practitioners to achieve more poses and develop strength. They help to bring the floor closer in standing poses and provide additional support in seated and reclined poses.
Why Should I Choose a Cork Yoga Block?
Yoga blocks are commonly made of foam, cork and wood. Cork blocks are heavier than foam blocks so they provide more stability and last longer than them. They are as environmentally friendly as wooden blocks but much lighter and won't damage floors at home or in the studio. They are sturdy enough not to distort under body weight and allows you to modify your poses to suit your level.
How Do I Use the Yoga-Mad Quarter Cork Block?
The Yoga-Mad Quarter Cork Block is a versatile tool that can be used to improve your posture and alignment in various asanas but below are some ideas:
- Uttanasana: Stand with your feet hip-width and the inner edges of your feet parallel. Place two blocks in front of you and reach down resting your hands on them which is easier than touching the floor.
- Downward Dog Pose: Start off on all fours with your knees bent behind your hips and hands shoulder-width apart. Press your hands onto cork blocks in front of you and gently tuck your toes under. With a deep inhale and exhale, lift your knees off the floor and straighten your legs as much as you can.
- Extended Side Angle: Place a block inside or outside the front foot to make it easier for your hand to touch when you bend down. It helps to prevent overstretching muscles that are not yet ready.
- Triangle Pose: Lean your hand on a yoga block inside or outside your foot in the Triangle Pose instead of placing your hand onto ankle or shin. It will provide more stability so that you can focus on lifting your chest and lengthening through the fingertips.
- Half Moon Pose: If you're struggling to reach the floor, place a block on your mat and lean your hand on it for support. With regular practice you will feel more flexible and should be able to achieve difficult poses on your own.
- Length: 23cm
- Width: 8cm
- Height: 8cm
- Weight: 0.5kg
- Material: High quality sustainable cork
- Care instructions: Wipe clean with a clean damp cloth