Yoga-Mad Cork Yoga Block
With its thin and wide surface area, the Yoga-Mad Cork Yoga Block is ideal for restorative postures by helping to evenly distribute your weight. It's a lightweight tool that provides reliable support making it an essential tool for any novice or veteran yogi.
Who Can Make Gains With the Yoga-Mad Cork Block?
As a lightweight and versatile tool, the Yoga-Mad Cork Block is suitable for any beginner or advanced yogi. It will help to deepen and strengthen your yoga practice by providing support, balance, stability and comfort in longer poses.
Key Features and Benefits
- Multi-functional as it helps to deepen and strengthen yoga practice
- Provides support, balance, stability and comfort at every level
- Non-slip natural cork makes it easy to grip for maximum control
- Cork won't damage floors or distort under body weight
- Eco-friendly, made from sustainable sources which can be recycled and fully biodegradable
- Lightweight yet sturdy for easy transportation
What's the Difference Between a Yoga Brick and a Yoga Block?
Both the brick and the block will enhance your asanas by providing support and stability but the main difference is in the dimensions. Yoga blocks are thinner with a wider surface area while the yoga bricks are chunkier and denser. Yoga blocks are great for seated postures by adding extra height and yoga bricks help you get closer to the floor without overstretching muscles.
Why Should I Choose a Cork Block?
Yoga blocks are commonly made of foam, cork and wood. Cork blocks are heavier than foam blocks so they provide more stability and last longer than them. They are as environmentally friendly as wooden bricks but much lighter and won't damage floors at home or in the studio. They are sturdy enough not to distort under body weight and allows you to modify your poses to suit your ability.
How Do I Use the Yoga-Mad Cork Block?
The Cork Block can be used to assist numerous poses but they are particularly useful for seated and supine postures by providing extra height and head support respectively. Below are some ideas on how to use the block:
- Sukhasana: Also known as the Easy Pose, it is commonly used in meditation by Buddhists and Hindus. It is a sitting asana in Hatha yoga where you simply sit down with your legs crossed. Placing a block underneath you will lift you up which allows some to hold the pose for longer.
- Virasana: This is also called the Hero Pose which is another meditation posture for those who struggle with Sukhasana. Sitting on a block helps you to achieve this pose and makes it easier to keep the spine straight.
- Bridge Pose: A wonderful pose for improving blood circulation, it also gives a deep neck stretch while strengthening the shoulders. Place a block under your pelvis if you're new to this to help prevent straining your muscles.
- Reclined Butterfly: Otherwise known as Supta Baddha Konasana, this pose will benefit your chest, shoulders, lungs and upper back. Lie down on your back with your legs apart and the heels of your feet touching. Place a block to support your head if needed for additional comfort.
- Length: 30.5cm
- Width: 20.5cm
- Height: 5cm
- Weight: 0.5kg
- Material: 100% natural and sustainable cork
- Care instructions: Wipe clean with a clean damp cloth